Thursday, October 24, 2013

Settling For Less . . .

Most of us settle for less. Settling for less is accepting repulsive behavior you don't have to tolerate. Settling for less is accepting conditions that aren't beneficial to you. Settling for less is associating yourself with individuals that are cut from a different cloth.

We all have standards, but we tend to ignore those standards for the wrong reasons.

For as long as I've known myself, I have had standards. There were Rules of Engagement that were to be enforced -- no matter what. My compassion happens to bend the rules every now and then. Some misplaced source and goodwill, deceives me occasionally into lowering my standards.

In the end, I have been the one in an unfortunate situation. Not any longer.

Since a teen, I knew that I would not be romantically involved with single mothers. As a teenager, I was familiar with the drama  and headaches that accompanied single mothers. My previous relationship has strengthened that prejudiced idea towards single moms.

A former coworker once asked me, "What's wrong with single moms?"

Everything.

Another rule is hefty women. They've never fallen under the category standard. As of late, I tried being friends with one and I have one word -- nightmare. Never again.

I'm 29, but I've experienced much as far as dating is concerned and there is certain behavior that I will not settle for. I'm not going to settle for less when I know that I am entitled to better and can get better. Suddenly, I'm labeled intolerant for not settling for conditions or behavior.

Express self-love first before you attempt showing love to someone else. Don't settle for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment