Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Bitch, That's a Weave!

Walk-in-Weaves (Atlanta)

I lived in NYC for 27 years so Atlanta can be a drag at times -- no pun intended. I've never liked weaves and if there's anything Atlanta has, it's weaves. My love for the A hasn't been too welcoming because of this; every where I turn, there's a weave.

Weaves are predominantly worn by African-American women. I dislike weaves because of what they represent-- Black Women feel unattractive if they don't have European-textured hair. They begin this journey loathing themselves and their culture.

Ironically, some claim Black heritage and sport a weave, too!
 

In any event, Black Women buy weaves and actually think the weave is their hair (i.e., from their scalp). Nevertheless on any given day of the week, you will see Black Women in Atlanta wearing a weave -- combing, brushing, and flicking the weave . . . as if it was their hair.

Bitch, that's a weave! That. Is. A. Weave. It's not your real hair. Stop brushing and combing it as if it's your real hair; you look lame and sorry for doing so. Since no one wants to inform you that its' a weave, let me take the time out to do so -- it's a weave. I know it. White women know it. The only one who doesn't know is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment