Sunday, December 1, 2013

Are Black Women Fitness-Lazy?


She did something about it.
As a disclaimer, Black Women do workout. I have seen African-American women involved in fitness. Writing this isn't to give the impression that all black femmes are lazy when it comes to fitness; there are African-American who train and I've seen it.

In any event, for the most part, a great majority of African-American women are fitness-lazy. Many of them don't want to work out because they don't want to lose their curves -- they'd rather have a big ass and flabby skin than a tight body. Some don't workout because of an alleged "lack of time". Then some of them do want to lose weight, but don't want to do the physical aspect of losing weight. Instead, they would rather take a pill, or get a tummy-tuck -- that's cheating.

I don't know what it's like to be obese. In any event, I can never look in the mirror, look at myself, and feel happy with the way I look if I was obese. I look in the mirror now and feel that I need to intensify my workout regimen. In having saying that, it makes me wonder what kind of folly obese people tell themselves when they look in the mirror; there's nothing healthy or attractive in having flabby skin and excessive layers of fat.


There was a time where I was working two jobs and trained at the gym. When a person is motivated, they will find the time for fitness. In saying this, how are you working one job and don't have time for fitness? How can you be bored and not consider fitness -- especially when you are morbidly obese?

I'm into fitness and I'm tired of meeting Black women that are not motivated to exercise -- get off your lazy ass and do something! In 2009, my on-again, off-again girlfriend exercised with me for three weekends and that was the end of it. I dated one girl that couldn't do ten jumping jacks. She had belly fat that she wanted to lose. I bought her an ab-exercise device and I used it more than she did. My ex felt that I was an over-achiever and obsessed with fitness, but she was physically active when she wanted to be (i.e., bike, skates, trampoline).

People make time for what's important to them. If fitness is important to you, you'd be involved in fitness. End of story.



 

2 comments:

  1. Do check out our social profile for fitness related tips. haute her tips for fitness

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.bakespace.com/members/profile/learnwithshikha

    ReplyDelete