Monday, June 9, 2014

Forgetting Your Ex . . .

When is it too soon to forget your ex? I guess one can never really forget a former love. Especially when that person was your everything. Especially when the two of you were close and spent time together.

I mean, of course we live our lives day-to-day as we should. Eventually, we all move on, but does that necessarily mean that we forget our ex?

I remember forcing myself to do so. I'd try to keep myself busy -- exercise, read a book, see a movie. Anything to not think of her. But when you spent so much time with a person, it's kind of difficult to forget that person.

As of late, it's been kind of hard forgetting that person. I guess it's the timing; May, June, and the summer as a whole, are significant months; we began our relationship in May. June was our pseudo-honeymoon. I remember being very pensive about this person this time last year.

Some say the quickest way to get over an ex is to find someone new. But what if no else compares? What if no one else qualifies? What if  there isn't a person to help you forget your ex and you're confined to thinking about that person daily?

I don't know. I'm just throwing different ideas into the mix. It's kind of hard for me because everything little thing reminds  me of that person -- a song, an outfit, a hair-style, shopping, a Volkswagen . . . a Florida license plate.

Or maybe some of us aren't permitted to forget our exes? Perhaps some of us are confined to memories as punishment? Maybe pictures and cards of that person are life-lessons to teach value and appreciation of someone that is dear and irreplaceable?

1 comment: