Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Girl Vs. A Woman


There's a difference between being a girl and being a woman. No, I'm not comparing a woman in her thirties with a five year-old girl. I'm talking about a woman that is in her thirties; yet, the things she does is expected from a five year-old girl -- meditate on that for second.

When I was living in Florida, I felt as if I was dating a little girl. I never felt as if I was dating a woman. When I began dating my ex, I was 26 and she was 36. For the most part, it felt as if I was with a little girl.

Why was I with someone ten years older than me?

Since I was 19, I was romantically interested in women that were older because I would rather be involved with a woman that is emotionally stable, independent, void of the "I'm a princess" mentality, has a sense of self-worth, and doesn't throw tantrums when she can't have her way.

Such was not the case with this person. She was insecure, dependent, threw tantrums, and exerted this it's-all-about-me attitude as if she was the Princess. She exhibited this childish behavior because she hadn't matured emotionally and mentally as an adult. Most femmes with daddy issues tend to never grow up. They behave like children and expect that paternal nourishment that was void in their life to be manifested by in their boyfriends.

Such was the case with my ex.

In any event, a woman is independent, ambitious, knows how to effectively communicate without using profane vernacular or condescending language; she doesn't let insecurities overwhelm her and knows her self-worth. She doesn't use beauty as a form of power. Instead, she uses intelligence, values, and motivation for success as empowerment.

Are you a woman, or a girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment