Monday, April 8, 2013

Nigga, Nigger-It's All the Same S#!t

     What's up with some black people and the controversy over the use of the N word? I'm a black male and as an invidividual, I don't use the N word-unless a Negro acts like one. (i.e., sagging pants, not fathering children, unemployed, but gets high). In any event, I don't use the N word as a term of endearment. There isn't anything brotherly or amicable about the word.

     "What's up, my nigga?", "What's good, my nigga?", "Nigga, you trippin'." This is every day dialogue within the black community-no, that is a lie; I've heard Mexicans allude to each other as niggas. Uh hunh, Hispanics are calling themselves niggas, too.

     Given any case, some people like it. Some people dislike it. Me? I'm not a nigger or a nigga. I don't think of myself as one and I don't want to be addressed as one.

     But what I don't like is when black people become erratic when whites use the N word. Suddenly, blacks are revoluationaries and they're willing to stand up against the oppression of White America-only when Whites say nigga (i.e., there was a white female rapper that got much heat for using nigga in her lyrics). Their reasoning? "It's different when whites say it. We say, 'nigga', they mean 'nigger'". Translation-it's okay when blacks say it.

    What these unlearned Negroes have failed to realize is this: nigga is just the mispronounciation of nigger. Yes, that is correct; "my nigga" is really "my nigger", it's just not being pronounced in its entirety. Blacks have always had an issue with annunciating English words properly. But slavery has been abolished and grammar is taught to children of all races as early as kindergarten. So what is the problem?

    So . . . if you're going to call each other niggas, just make sure that you annunciate every syllable so that it's nigger, not nigga. More importantly, don't get angry when someone like Marshall Mathers says nigga; there really is no difference between Jay-Z saying nigga, or Eminem.

    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment